Sunday 21 April 2013

Comedy Fest Questionnaire: Wilson Dixon

Comedy Fest Questionnaire: Wilson Dixon



1) What is your show is called this year?
Wilson Dixon Greatest Hits


2)  Why?
Because I did a show a few years back called Wilson Dixon Seldom Heard Songs You Probably Won’t Like and it seemed like a logical step

3) Can you give us a few hints as to what broadly your festival show is about?
It’s all my hit songs together in one show. It runs for an hour. My Daddy was surprised it was running that long. He’s not that supportive



4) How much time have you spent crafting the show over the past 12 months since the end of the last festival?
Honestly? Less than 3 minutes

5) The comedy festival is turning 21 this year – it’s a big age 21 – what are your memories of being 21? Or if you’re not old enough yet, you lucky person, what are your hopes for being 21?
When I turned 21 I decided to grow the fingernail on the little finger on my right hand as long as I could. It got up to about an inch long. It had a lot of uses. Keeping it clean was an issue

6) The Comedy festival is one big party and catch up for a month - is there anyone you’re looking forward to seeing over here either socially or on stage?
Not really. I wouldn’t mind seeing Willie Nelson, but I doubt he’ll be around

7) What’s the comedy scene like at the moment who do you rate and why?
I have no idea

8)  What’s the best piece of audience interaction you’ve had?
At a show in Darlington, Mississippi, a guy in the crowd yelled out “I named one of my rabbits after you!” Afterwards he met me backstage and he had the rabbit with him, and he says “here he is, little William Daschian.” I said that I wasn’t William Daschian. He was really confused. It got pretty awkward after that. Mainly because he wouldn’t leave, and insisted he show me the rabbit’s party trick. After I while I said ok go ahead, and he puts the rabbit on the toilet and it poops in it like a human. I feel angry because I’ve got that in my head now and it’ll always be there

9) What’s the most memorable part of performing for you within the last 12 months?
I shared the bill at a show last August with a lady choral quartet in Wyoming. They sang a bunch of Tammy Wynette covers. One of the ladies was 95 years old and mean and bitter as they come. After the show she came into my dressing room and accused me of stealing one of her beers. I denied it, so she threw a cup of hot coffee at me. The inevitable tussle ensued and I ended up spending the night at the Sherriff’s dept. and had to share the cell with the local madman who’d been caught sending parcels of his own faeces to local community leaders. It’s not a happy memory, but certainly the most memorable over the last year

10) When we say New Zealand International Comedy Festival to you, what’s the first thing you think of?
A bowl of custard… is this some kind of word association psychology test?

11) How would you persuade people to come and see your show?

By telling them I sing a song about a horse. If that doesn’t get them, then I don’t want them

No comments:

Post a Comment

Very latest post

Late Night with the Devil: Movie Review

Late Night with the Devil: Movie Review A genre film mixing pulp thrills and a recreation of a 70s late night talk show, Late Night with the...