Saturday 19 April 2014

Comedy Fest Q&A - Jeremy Elwood

Comedy Fest Q&A - Jeremy Elwood


Comedy Fest Q&A
JEREMY ELWOOD

1)Tell us the name of your show
Jeremy Elwood – Live.

2)Which came first – the show name or the show content?
The name. Really original, huh?

3)C’mon, be honest….
No, seriously. The name. But the content is due any day now…

4)Any other working titles for the show?
Dead? Not quite dead? Living the dream? Um, no.

5)How long – honestly- have you been working on this?
Since the end of last year’s festival. From the last gig of each fest I draw a line through my diary and anything I write after that is fair game.

6)What’s been the biggest challenge of pulling this show together?
Trying to avoid having any “filler” – easy gags to pass the time.

7)Who’s your biggest comedy rival – and why?
Myself. I constantly overthink my material, and throw stuff out before it’s really had a chance to fly, or crash, properly.

8)Who’s your biggest comedy friend – and why?
My manager, Richard. He’s the one who does all the heavy lifting to get the show on, so I can concentrate on writing, or procrastinate by filling out questionnaires.

9)Which show is your must see? Why?
I’m really pleased that Reginald D Hunter is finally hitting our shores, and that Carey Marx is alive, therefore able to come back again.

10)Give us your definition of a great night out during the festival
Relaxing with friends and colleagues I haven’t seen for a while… after we’ve all finished performing to sell out crowds.

11)What goes through your mind, the minute before curtain goes up?
“Why didn’t I finish my Law degree again?”

12)What about when you’re on stage?
“Why does everyone I respect always end up front row centre?”

13)How easily distracted are you?
Not very. If there are distractions, I tend to try and deal with them and get back on track as quickly as I can, I’ve got shit I’ve written to get through up there.

14)Give us your dream comedy line up
Bill Hicks, George Carlin, Louis CK, Mort Sahl and Wanda Sykes. I’d happily MC.


15)Just finally, where will you be in 5 years’ time

Either running a blues bar in New Orleans, or still sitting here answering Q and A’s from your successor.

JEREMY ELWOOD performs his solo show JEREMY ELWOOD – LIVE! (AKL 25, 26 & 29 April - 3 May & WLG 13 - 17 May) while featuring in the line-up show THE GOOD GUYS (WLG 4 May & AKL 11 May) as part of the 2014 NZ International Comedy Festival in cahoots with Old Mout Cider 24 April – 18 May. Visit www.comedyfestival.co.nz for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Very latest post

Wonka: Blu Ray Review

Wonka: Blu Ray Review  Cast: Timothée Chalamet, Calah Lane, Keegan-Michael Key, Paterson Joseph, Matt Lucas, Mathew Baynton, Sally Hawkins, ...