Wednesday 9 April 2014

Comedy Fest Q&A - Luke Heggie

Comedy Fest Q&A - Luke Heggie


1) Tell us the name of your show –
BUSH WEEK

2)Which came first – the show name or the show content?
The Name – it’s a non-specific name that allows me to crowbar in whatever content I like and loosely base it around the theme.

3) C’mon, be honest…. I've never lied.
Any other working titles for the show? “Dickheads I've met in hostels”

5) How long – honestly- have you been working on this?
6 months

6) What’s been the biggest challenge of pulling this show together?
Working full time, putting my fun sponges to bed each night, and then heading out to road test material. It's exhausting.

7) Who’s your biggest comedy rival – and why?
Stephen K Amos. We look and sound just the same, and are very similar in style and we both have heaps of cash.

8)Who’s your biggest comedy friend – and why?
Daniel Connell. He lets me sleep on his floor when I go to Melbourne Comedy Festival.

9)Which show is your must see? Why?
Fan Fiction Comedy. It's been one of my staples for the last few years – always different, and these kids are really funny.

10)Give us your definition of a great night out during the festival.
After the laughter and applause die down after my show, and I finish signing autographs, I like to go to a late show and check out a line-up of comics I rarely get to see. Sometimes even I am in a show like this.

11)What goes through your mind, the minute before curtain goes up?
Don't forget all your jokes dickhead.

12)What about when you’re on stage?
Same.

13)How easily distracted are you?
Not very. I go at a pace that doesn't encourage hecklers, and I don't go off script a lot, but I've usually got my shit together enough to find my way back if things do go awry.

14) Give us your dream comedy line-up:
A mix of 6 or 7 people I've never clapped eyes on being fucking hilarious from start to finish. I'm in the 3rd row with an ice cream.

15)Just finally, where will you be in 5 years’ time?
Sitting at my desk in Sydney writing jokes – much the same as now. And hopefully getting invited back to the NZ Comedy Festival.

Australian comedian Luke Heggie performs his show BUSH WEEK (AKL 25 & 26, 29 April – 3 May & WLG 6 – 10 May) as part of the 2014 NZ International Comedy Festival in cahoots with Old Mout Cider 24 April – 18 May. For more info visit www.comedyfestival.co.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Very latest post

Bad Behaviour: DVD Review

Bad Behaviour: DVD Review Writer, director and executive producer Alice Englert may have taken on a little too much in this scrappy, messy f...