Wednesday 9 April 2014

Comedy Fest Q&A - TM Bishop

Comedy Fest Q&A - TM Bishop


1) Tell us the name of your show
Big City Hillbilly

2)Which came first – the show name or the show content?
I had the show written a year in advance.

3)C’mon, be honest….
Fine. I haven’t started writing it yet.

4)Any other working titles for the show?
Big Hill City Billy, City Hill Big Billy, Billy Big Hill City….. none of them had the same ring to it.

5)How long – honestly- have you been working on this?
What’s with you and this honesty kick you’re on?

6) What’s been the biggest challenge of pulling this show together?
I’m easily distracted. I wake up in the morning (circa 2pm) and think ‘I COULD write my show… or I could see if I can fit this whole wheel of brie in my mouth’.

7)Who’s your biggest comedy rival – and why?
Grumpy Cat. That damn cat is everywhere. And he’s so grumpy.

8) Who’s your biggest comedy friend – and why?
I’m not falling for this again. Pippa Mason asked me the same question in ballet class when I was 7. It didn’t end well.

9)Which show is your must see? Why?
Big City Hillbilly. I hear the comedian is hilarious. And pretty, very pretty. Second choice would be Julian Clary. I used to have a massive crush on him. Stop laughing.

10)Give us your definition of a great night out during the festival
I perform to an audience of reviewers who adore me, then go out on the town and do tequila shots out of Christian Kane’s navel while Misha Collins tells me I’m a pretty, pretty princess.  Then we all ride unicorns made out of pizza. Wait, that was last year’s festival.

11)What goes through your mind, the minute before curtain goes up?
“What the hell am I doing with my life?”

12)What about when you’re on stage?
“I really ought to buy a wheel of brie on the way home”

13)How easily distracted are you?
Oh look, I CAN fit a whole wheel of brie in my mouth.

14)Give us your dream comedy line up
Myself and Chris D’Elia. And no audience. And the show takes place in a Best Western motel room. Ok, it’s not so much a dream comedy line-up as me making out with Chris D’Elia.

15)Just finally, where will you be in 5 years’ time
Probably thinking how I could have answered this Q&A more honestly. Oh great, now you’ve got me doing it.

TM Bishop performs her show BIG CITY HILLBILLY in Auckland 29 April – 3 May at Luna, Q Theatre as part of the 2014 NZ International Comedy Festival in cahoots with Old Mout Cider 24 April – 18 May. For more info visit www.comedyfestival.co.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Very latest post

Origin: Movie Review

Origin: Movie Review Cast: Aunjanue Ellis-Taylor, Jon Bernthal, Vera Farmiga, Audra McDonald, Nick Offerman Director: Ava DuVernay More like...